2009年9月10日 星期四

S.I.M.P.L.E. Living: Joys of Living on Less

Chinese Women Today

S.I.M.P.L.E Living: Joys of Living on Less

“My bedroom phone quit and I need a new one,” my elderly mother-in-law fussed that day as I brought in her mail and groceries. I diagnosed its problem quickly: a missing power cord. Finding the cord in the next room, I plugged it in, assured her of a “fix” and gave her a hug.

Taking care of an older parent, whose memory glitches mean lots of practice finding lost items, regularly reminds me that “things” don’t last, but relationships do.

I have friends who stress out about more than dead phones--like big mortgages and car and credit car payments. They feel compelled to work more, to buy more. The result is less time for their personal and family needs.

I’ve tried to avoid that lifestyle by choosing one whose simple principles spell off, of course, the word “S.I.M.P.L.E.”

Read More

Chinese version

Feature Articles

Embracing Change
Learning to embrace change in your life
[Chinese version]

Communicating with Aging Parents
Understanding how to communicate with your parents
[Chinese version]

Other Links

Your feedback is important to us
What do you find most helpful in this newsletter? What would you like to see more of?

Chat: The September chat schedule is up
Just scroll down past the log-in to see this month's topics

Ask us
Stressed out about life? Need some advice? Email us your concerns

September 9, 2009

Lifestories

Lifestories

[Chinese version]

More Information

You are subscribed as taipei.hoping@gmail.com.

To unsubscribe click here.

Contact Us
Affiliate Sites
More Subscriptions
Chatroom Topics

Copyright © 2009 Chinese Women Today

沒有留言: